You must be aware of the exponential growth in machine data over the last decade. It was partly because of the growing number of machines in the IT infrastructure and partly because of the increased use of IoT devices.
Splunk is quickly becoming one of the “must have” skills for the IT professionals. This blog answers two common questions Non-Splunkers usually ask.
- Why do we need to use Splunk?
- How does it purge my problem?
Splunk is a software platform to search, analyze and visualize the machine-generated data gathered from the websites, applications, sensors, devices etc. which make up your IT infrastructure and business.
With the help of Splunk software, searching for a particular data in a bunch of complex data is easy. As you might know, in the log files, figuring out which configuration is currently running is challenging. To make this easier, there is a tool in Splunk software which helps the user detect the configuration file problems and see the current configurations that are being utilized.
Advantages of Splunk and why to use it
- Analyzes the aggregate of logs from a big service cluster
- Finds real-time logs and with faster speed
- Generates report and alerts for the desired search
- Provides enhanced GUI and real-time visibility in dashboard in various formats
- Provides quick results by reducing the time to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Works like a monitoring, reporting and analysis tool and provides insights
- Does not require other dependent services (like database)
- Requires minimum HW resources
- Easy to setup and low-cost maintenance
- Accepts any data type including .csv, JSON log formats etc.
- Monitors AWS infrastructure
- Uploads and indexes log data from a local PC to Splunk directly
The infographic below mentions some of the functionalities for which Splunk can be used.
Who should learn Splunk?
Splunk is one of the most suitable courses for applicants who want to see themselves as Machine Learning Professionals, System Administrators, Analytics Managers, and beginners, who wish to get trained in this awesome technology.
The most remarkable fact is that there is no need to have a technical background to learn this technology, which makes it viable for the candidates having degrees in diverse educational fields